UStructs not showing in IDE


#1

I have been looking at the forum for clues on how to get UStructs to show in the IDE, and so far, I’ve had no luck. I downloaded 3.0.3376, installed it to the project folder as recommended in a forum post I can’t find at the moment, and then I cleaned up and recompiled everything. I do actually have a ustruct folder now, but it doesn’t have anything in it. I am using UE 4.13.2. with the plugin downloaded from http://download.skookumscript.com/beta/3376/SkookumScriptPlugin-3376-4.13.zip

What I’m trying to do is access my C++ ustructs from sk. The BP’s I have are derived from a C++ base class which has several ustructs. I also created a variable based on the ustruct in the BP, and it does not show up in the IDE. These structs are declared as USTRUCT(BlueprintType) if that makes a difference.

If USTRUCTs are supposed to be supported, it would probably be a good idea to write up the steps needed to get Sk to find them. With that in hand, I can make sure I haven’t made a mistake in following the instructions from several different forum posts.


#2

We’ll look into this and get back to you as soon as we can.


#3

Make sure you are adding the API to the struct…

struct SOMEAPI_API FSomeStruct
{}

just a guess, but that got me for awhile once.


#4

Why would having an API make a difference to Sk? It doesn’t seem to be needed for UE. Any suggestions on which API to use? I used the game API (APOCCommand_API in my case), deleted intermediate and the binaries, and recompiled. Nothing changed.


#5

I was just guessing to your issue, this fixed it for me before when I had similar issue previously. If this didn’t fix it, then you need to look further.


#6

I am looking into this right now. Will let you guys know what I find!


#7

I just found the forum post on setting things up for a C++ project. If you want to wait until tomorrow, I can follow those instructions tonight and see if anything changes. Since I don’t have a Skookumscript.ini file in my project config folder, I’m sure I have not told the script generator about my game header.


#8

I actually was just going to ask you if you set up your project according to this guide. :slight_smile:

Just tested UStruct support here with latest code and all works fine for me.

For an example C++ project using SkookumScript, checkout our FireBot demo.

Let me know how it goes!


#9

Yeah, firebot runs just fine, but you packaged it up so it would. :slight_smile: I actually used a guide from last year which said to move the plugin to the project folder. I think it was part of the DIY update or something that led me to that post. I think things are moving so fast that maybe the forum isn’t a good place to post documentation anymore. It’s hard to know which info is correct and which has been superseded by something more recent.Have y’all looked into setting up a wiki for documentation? I for one would be happy to help edit the content.


#10

Ok, so after going through the C++ project instructions, the UStructs are showing up. A simple test of using println to show one of the field’s values works now. That is not a process for the faint of heart. I felt like I was following an arcane recipe and hoping that the cookies didn’t poison me when I ate one.

The first time I compiled and loaded my game into the editor, I got a bunch of errors in the sk plugin code. I kept hitting ignore until the game loaded. Sorry, I didn’t capture the errors. I just cleaned everything again, and the errors didn’t show up this time. If ignore flips a bit somewhere which is permanent, let me know so I can see if I can reproduce the errors. Right now, though, I can see my UStructs, which is what I need to move forward with my AI code.