Ok, so after going through the C++ project instructions, the UStructs are showing up. A simple test of using println to show one of the field's values works now. That is not a process for the faint of heart. I felt like I was following an arcane recipe and hoping that the cookies didn't poison me when I ate one.
The first time I compiled and loaded my game into the editor, I got a bunch of errors in the sk plugin code. I kept hitting ignore until the game loaded. Sorry, I didn't capture the errors. I just cleaned everything again, and the errors didn't show up this time. If ignore flips a bit somewhere which is permanent, let me know so I can see if I can reproduce the errors. Right now, though, I can see my UStructs, which is what I need to move forward with my AI code.