Sleeping Dogs on Sale at Steam

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is currently on sale at 85% off at Steam.

Even if you don’t like the genre, at this price it’s probably worth getting just to see what can be done with SkookumScript.

I got it on Steam to check. Played some 2 hours yesterday. Those martial arts moves in the combat are nice. Questions:

• Based on what I have read in the Skookum site regarding Sleeping Dogs, I guess it was used for scripting the missions, quests. What else? For the combat also?
    And what more can you tell us regarding the missions, flagging events depending on other events etc (that the NDA allows)?
    Every time I’m scripting something using blueprints (like I was yesterday) that I don’t want to be run too frequently (ex: some checks of a weather system) and without using timers, because I’ve read more than once that timers have a cost on performance not that good… I think “I could make this in skookum, using a coroutine”.

If you’re asking me, I’m afraid I have no clue. I hadn’t even heard of the game before I came here. I just noticed it was on sale at Steam and thought others here might be interested.

I also bought it, but haven’t had a chance to play it yet. I did watch a few videos on Youtube though, and realised it was more like an action RPG than I originally thought.

If SkookumScript was used for the vehicle and pedestrian AI, that in itself would be quite impressive, as the areas seemed fairly crowded.

If you’re asking me, I’m afraid I have no clue. I hadn’t even heard of the game before I came here. I just noticed it was on sale at Steam and thought others here might be interested.

The question was for the Skookum devs, but to be true I thought you were one of them or someone who worked on Sleeping Dogs.

If SkookumScript was used for the vehicle and pedestrian AI, that in itself would be quite impressive, as the areas seemed fairly crowded.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised. The firebot demo has that path_to_player (I guess the name was that) command which seems very straightforward for testing AI moves.