[Resolved] Locale Crash


#1

Pulled down latest from P4 and am getting this crash when :sk: IDE starts.

:confused:


#2

We’ve tried running the IDE over here and it doesn’t even run that line of code.

Do you have any extra keyboard setups or any custom locale settings?

Could be a corrupted file. Wouldn’t be the fist time we saw that.

We’ll keep digging too.


#3

Hey Zach try the following: In Engine\Plugins\SkookumScript\SkookumIDE\Engine\Binaries\Win64 you’ll find some DLLs. Temporarily move them somewhere else or delete them. Does this fix the problem?

You could also also run ProcMon and filter for the path containing icudt53l and see if it fails to load any files from Engine\Plugins\SkookumScript\SkookumIDE\Engine\Content\Internationalization\icudt53l. If so, here is a zip file with all possible files from which you can get the missing file (or all 2700 files). We didn’t include all 2700 files to save disk space. If this optimization is causing issues we might have to include more files.


#4

This didn’t change results so I put them back.

Ran procmon and filtered for icudt53l with result NAME NOT FOUND and got 8 hits for :sk: along with dozens for :ue4:. Seems that most are innocuous, so I started at the bottom of the list for :sk: and copied files over from the zip. It only took 1 file:

  • numberingSystems.res

Back up and running. I do have japanese language installed on this box although it wasn’t enabled in the language switcher, I don’t know much about i18n so unsure if it’s related ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


#5

Cool thanks for snooping that out! Added numberingSystems.res to the package for the future.