Hey folks. I had a chance to kick the tires for a few hours this morning. My first impression is that this is a fantastic start to really seamless integration!
I tried loading up 2 projects in 4.14.1. The first was a BP only project. I couldn’t get this one to load, I got the below error message (which I’ve seen before but thought was fixed in a previous release).
Here’s a link to Skookum Invaders if you’d like to try and repro.
The second project I loaded up was a C++ one and everything worked fine. I spent awhile changing a bit of code and playing with the new compile feature and am super impressed at how solidly it picks up changes now. I know it’s still early days for this but it’s exciting to see a solid base in place. Below are list of issues and/or feature requests:
- Edit->Preferences doesn’t open any window or text file
- It’s unclear where the cool new Workspace tab lives on disk
- Autocomplete only seems to suggest raw types that are boolean. It doesn’t suggest any of the coroutines in the class I’m working on. Also doesn’t show basic operators like
instanceswhen I type
- There’s no ability to go to a definition of a type/method/coroutine
- No undo/redo in the code editor
- The ability to have multiple files open at once would be useful so that you could refer to a definition without losing where you were working.
Nice looking About Screen . Also the Errors Window is really great!