So here it is - the long awaited, very first alpha drop of our latest greatest IDE!
- Built with Slate, the same UI system that Unreal Engine 4 uses, giving you
- Slick professional look
- Ability to dock, tear, hide and rearrange all components of the IDE to your liking
- Unreal Engine source control system integrated into the IDE
- Automagical incremental compilation and automagical incremental live update via single
- All operations now 100% in main memory for maximum speed and turnaround
- Powerful filter bars for global search built right into the class hierarchy and member list
- Separate workspace windows for the tutorial/sample code, and your own personal code
- New error list widget that lists all currently present errors and warnings
- Support for archived (=packed) overlays, packing 1000s of files into one, saving load time and disk space
What’s still work in progress?
- Many missing hot keys
- Context menus not fully populated
- No navigation history (forward back buttons, etc.)
- Symbolic search and goto (not hooked up yet)
- Text-based search in current and multi-file (not hooked up yet)
- Very basic code editor (no auto-indent, etc. yet)
- Autocomplete (still very basic)
- Local code execution on IDE
F4(not hooked up yet)
- No settings and preferences dialogs yet
- Command line execution (not hooked up yet)
- Debugging (not hooked up yet)
Many of these features existed in some form in the old (Windows control-based) IDE though they aren’t all hooked up in the new (Slate-based) IDE yet.
Use this private category only to post your questions and bug reports!