You can bring the full power of SkookumScript to bear on Unreal Tournament! It requires very few code modifications in UT - here’s how:
- We recommend that you fork UT, so you can make modifications to the UT source code and keep them organized on GitHub
- Pull the latest UT
releasebranch from GitHub
- Build using Visual Studio and run it to make sure it works
- Open a command prompt.
- Ensure you have Git Large File Storage (Git LFS) enabled. (See extra info on installing Git LFS.)
- cd to the
Engine/Pluginsfolder inside UT, and run this command:
git clone https://github.com/AgogLabs/SkookumScript-UnrealEngine.git SkookumScript -b ut
- Run the following command line to build the SkookumScriptGenerator DLL which is needed by UnrealHeaderTool
<path_to_ut>\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UnrealHeaderTool Win64 Development -NoMutex -2015 -PLUGIN <path_to_ut>\Engine\Plugins\SkookumScript\SkookumScript.uplugin -module SkookumScriptGenerator
- Optional: Regenerate the VS solution file to include the SkookumScript plugin, for example with the following command line:
- Place a new file SkookumScript.ini into the
Note: You can also find this file - and the following replacement files - in the
UTsubfolder of the SkookumScript plugin folder
<path_to_ut>\UnrealTournament\Source\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament.Build.cswith this file
<path_to_ut>\UnrealTournament\Source\UnrealTournament\Private\UnrealTournament.cppwith this file
<path_to_ut>\UnrealTournament\UnrealTournament.uprojectwith this file
- Build and run!
Let us know if you run into any trouble!