AnimInstance Montage Play


#1

Hello mad friends!

I am trying to play an AnimMontage in my default FirstPerson template, but I can’t find this method in the AnimInstance class. There is another way to play a montage in a specific SkeletalMeshComponent, instead of playing on a character?

My goal here is to convert all the default CharacterBlueprint logic from the default Unreal implementation, using SkookumScript.

Basically, how can I convert the following nodes using SkookumScript?

When I try to find this method…

Thanks in advance for your skookum support!


#2

Hi Gustavo, thanks for testing SkookumScript! Is Montage Play a Blueprint function? If so, then you cannot currently invoke it from SkookumScript. You would instead re-create its graph in SkookumScript as a new SkookumScript function.


#3

Thanks, @GreatGuru!

This is the Blueprint Node that I am talking about (I am not sure if its a Blueprint Function, there is a way for me to know just inside the UEditor?)

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/BlueprintAPI/Animation/MontagePlay/index.html

By the way, I am loving SkookumScript and I will definetly use it in my project. We are a small gamestudio from Brazil, and I will soon write down a topic here demonstrating how and why use Skookum in our game!


#4

Ok this actually looks like a bug. We’ll look into it and get back to you asap!


#5

Strange, I can see and execute montage_play from the REPL just fine:

RobPawn.instances_first.@rob_skeleton.anim_instance.montage_play prints 0.0

I don’t use animation montages, so don’t have a good test beyond that.


#6

Thanks for your feedback, @error454.

I tested in REPL and really, I can’t see and cannot execute it from there…

The autocomplete doesn’t find it, and when I execute with F4, I get this error:

I am using the marketplace version of :sk: and Unreal 4.15.1


#7

Ah, I’m still on 4.14. I’m sure @GreatGuru already knows what the issue is :slight_smile:


#8

I’ve been busy getting the latest release out. But will look into this tomorrow!


#9

Ok so this issue was caused by some UE4 changes between 4.14 and 4.15. I fixed this and checked the fix into P4 and GitHub. If you are set up with GitHub you should be able to just pull latest and get the fix.

Let me know how it goes!