4.21 Release

Hey folks. Currently you can grab the 4.21 release off of github. Further updates will be coming for marketplace users.

The primary feature of the new release is the support of 4.21. We did manage to squeeze in a few other bug fixes along the way.

Bug Fixes

• Struct usage no longer crashes in packaged games
  • Prevent UObject has no embedded instance error when accessing structs
  • Resolve raw data before calling sk constructor !(). This prevents crashing in packaged games that access raw data in the constructor.
  • Prevent SkookumScriptBehaviorComponent from creating an orphaned :sk: instance. This caused SkookumScriptBehaviorComponent to be null perpetually and any variables within it to be inaccessible.
  • Reset elapsed world time tracking every time the world comes up for play. Previously it would only be reset on 1st play.
  • Prevent IDE crash during long startups where source control status window was queried before the :ue4: IDE was initialized
  • Prevent script file rename errors when moving blueprints in :ue4:

If you have any questions please let us know. If any pioneers pull down from github and build, please relay your results. More soon.

4.20 -> 4.21 Update

Great news!

Further updates will be coming for marketplace users.

My case. A week or two…?

The Marketplace build system was having issues building so we’ll continue to look into it.

I got this while building

37>Using Visual Studio 2017 14.16.27023 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023) and Windows 10.0.17134.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
37>UnrealBuildTool : error : 'AgogCore' is not a C++ module (referenced via default plugins -> SkookumScript.uplugin)
37>                        (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)

I have the same error too, plus another one that was fixed in 4.21.1

We’ll look into this asap.

Thanks to you.

Global Game Jam is near. Need your technology~ TAT

Any news on the update?

Hey there!

Do you have any news regarding either the release on the Marketplace or the compilation error mentioned above?

Do you have any news regarding either the release on the Marketplace or the compilation error mentioned above?

I’m also waiting for the Marketplace release.

thx for update

Hey guys I was wondering if this had been fixed or not? I need to build from source soon, so a fix asap would be great.

Hey folks, I pushed a fix for the build issue to the 4.21 branch on github. You’ll need to regenerate your .sln file if you’ve already pulled down.

Million thanks!

Hey, guys. I’m having an error:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	LNK1107	invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x83	Test     C:\Users\WIN10PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\Test\Plugins\SkookumScript\Source\AgogCore\Lib\Win64\VS2015\AgogCore-Win64-Development.lib	1	
Error		UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\WIN10PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\Test\Plugins\SkookumScript\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SkookumScriptRuntime.dll	Test	C:\Users\WIN10PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\Test\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool	1	
Error	MSB3075	The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" TestEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\WIN10PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\Test\Test.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.	Test	C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	44	

Apparently, AgogCore-Win64-Development.lib is corrupted?
And UE4Editor-SkookumScriptRuntime.dll is not being generated in the last step of the compilation.

Apparently, AgogCore-Win64-Development.lib is corrupted?
And UE4Editor-SkookumScriptRuntime.dll is not being generated in the last step of the compilation.

You need to git pull with LSL enabled, those are LSL files.

@error454 will the marketplace release include additional stuff other than 4.21 support?
New functions for working with lists and dictionaries were mentioned a while ago to be included in future releases.

The 4.21 release contains engine support and bug-fixes only, list and map features didn’t make it into this one.

Thanks, i never used LSF so i didn’t know what was happening.

Worst part is that i was already having this error when the first link was posted hahaha, by replacing the .uplugin file with the 4.19 .uplugin working version. Thought it was unrelated so i didn’t post about it.

thanks for the fix! got it working.