Just in time for Game Developers Conference 2017, here is the latest greatest release of the SkookumScript Unreal Engine 4 Plugin!
So what’s new?
The brand new SkookumIDE!
Our IDE went into metamorphosis and turned into a beautiful butterfly! Using Unreal Engine’s Slate UI system, we have redesigned it from the ground up for the sexiest, most superpowered workflow ever. And the good news is this new crown of game scripting UIs remains free for everybody in its Standard Edition. The Pro Edition is $99 until March 31, $199 after that. Check it out!
You can get the Pro version using the “Go Pro…” button on the Standard version to upgrade or you can buy a SkookumIDE Professional license directly.
Here are the most notable features:
- live update of running game, even on consoles and mobile devices
- single-click compile/sync button
- auto parse (errors underlined with squiggly lines)
- full contextual autocomplete
- syntax highlighting
- lightning fast compilation
- new error list widget
- new overlay list widget
- Slate’s responsive layout and docking system - hide/show, rearrange and/or tear off widgets as you like
- multiple editor windows can be opened concurrently
- quick filter bars for class view and member list
- routines can now be deleted via UI
- all features of the Standard Edition
- full visual remote debugger with locals, callstack and breakpoint window
- setting of breakpoints, halting and continuing execution
- single stepping through code
- parser now properly detects duplicate data members
Skookum UE4 Plugin
- switched default project to archived file formats for new SkookumIDE
- class data variables
@@randomnow get postfixed with an underscore to not interfere with
- MD5-postfixed Blueprint variables now keep the first four digits of their MD5 for distinction
- code in enum constructors now column-aligned
SkookumScriptBehaviorComponentso it can be derived from by a Blueprint custom component
Script Class Namefield in
SkookumScriptbehaviorComponentcan now be left empty which means to simply use the UE4 class of the component
- changed the class compatibility test in
SkookumScriptClassDataComponentsuch that now the Script Class Name may refer to a class not derived from the actor the component is attached to, as long as it is not derived from any class that actor is not derived from
Actor@find_namedso that it properly works with the change above, and also works for pure Sk classes derived from
Actor(it will now gather all actors of the most derived super class known to UE4 and then filter the results)
- fixed bug in generator that would sometimes export incomplete class hierarchies
- minor optimization to blueprint exposure class update to prevent assert at startup
- fixed regex bug occurring only in Marketplace builds
How to get it?
- to get precompiled plugins for use with Epic Games Launcher and demo projects, visit our downloads page
- build it from source by pulling from our GitHub repository
- see our installation instructionsInstall and Update SkookumScript UE4 Plugin from zip file) for the detailed steps
- the Marketplace still has an outdated version of the plugin, but should catch up soon!
Let us know if you have any questions!