4.13.0 is officially out, and so is the most official release of SkookumScript ever!
- Auto-generated event delegate callback support: What's this? Essentially, the already existing event coroutines like
_wait_take_any_damage are now auto-generated, and many more, about 600 in total!
- Compile times for C++ projects are now much shorter due to
- not compiling engine binding code in the game module
- splitting apart the unity header file into one header for each binding class
- Blueprint nodes will now invoke the properly inherited subclass version of an exposed method or coroutine
SkookumScriptGenerator now is renaming game classes with name 'Entity' to 'GameEntity' for SkookumScript
- Fixed a bug where SkookumScript would stop updating under certain circumstances
Caution - syntax changes!
- There a few changes in event coroutine function names and signatures, e.g.
_on_begin_overlap_do is now
- The return arguments of
_on_actor_begin_overlap_do_until have also changed from 4.12 up to include the
overlapped_actor, so if you are using this coroutine watch out that you won't pass in the wrong parameters.
- In the
SkookumScript.ini file of a C++ project, you no longer need to specify any engine modules. We recommend to remove any engine modules from your C++ project
SkookumScript.ini file so that it only specifies game modules.
- In C++ projects, to use a SkookumScript binding class, you no longer
#include <SkUEGeneratedBindings.generated.hpp> but the class of the specific type you need, e.g.
Get the new plugin from the Unreal Marketplace, our GitHub repository or as a good old precompiled zip file for Epic Games Launcher users.
As usual, don't hesitate to ask us for help if you encounter any issues!