So here's a quick update with some bug fixes and tweaks!
New in this release
- Runtime/UE4 Plugin
- added convenience coroutines
- added warning that these will not work properly when several events might occur within the same frame
- fixed incomplete check for special characters in variable names
- improved comment/tooltip on
- updated build and upload scripts with tvOS support
- reorganized files for new combined (runtime + generator) plugin architecture (4.11 and up)
Runtime/SkookumScript (mostly internal improvements/bug fixes)
- added recovery code for coroutine call on
- fixed bug when identifier is accessed in scope that's not a
- fixed test for method invocation on class so it works when invoked from REPL when game is not running (
this = startup mind's meta class)
- parser now detects variables/parameters shadowed by each other, and reports error on use
- no error if shadowing occurs but variable never used
- now skipping return args when capturing closure variables
- fixed bug in
SkClosure::closure_method_call() where the captured variables were not properly placed in the invoked method's args array
- numerous other internal tweaks and bug fixes
- made not connected error message more descriptive
How to get it
If you are signed up for our closed beta, simply click here for further download instructions. If you are not signed up yet, join our closed beta now!
And of course, if you want to try out SkookumScript without having to install Unreal Engine first, get our latest greatest standalone demo from our public download page.
Again, please tell us (on this forum) if you encounter any glitches or have trouble setting up or running this update!